About Me

Viewing Photos

CLICK on any photo in this blog to view a larger image!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Holidays - Lighting of Sante Fe Square


I was able to get away from work to visit my mother this Thanksgiving in New Mexico. She took me on a wonderful trip to Sante Fe over the holiday weekend. We stayed at the beautiful La Fonda hotel on the town square and it was an opportune stroke of luck that the holiday lighting ceremony was the night we were staying in town. I took my Canon 50D and tripod out as dark set in and braved the huge crowds and very cold temperatures to do some nighttime shooting. I had a lot of fun and it was a magical time to behold. The trees were full of lights, and the sidewalks and buildings decorated with lighted luminaries. I finally called it a night when my fingers would no longer work anymore due to the cold night air. Taken at F 20, 25 seconds, ISO 100, 18mm on a 12-24mm Tokina lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment