About Me

Viewing Photos

CLICK on any photo in this blog to view a larger image!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

One of My Favorite Local Spots - Point Vicente



Point Vicente is one of my favorite spots to take photos. The old Coast Guard lighthouse there is set on a bluff above the Pacific Ocean and is surrounded by palm trees. I took this picture there in the fall the same day that a large brush fire occurred nearby in Palos Verdes. The Santa Ana winds had blown the layer of smoke high into the sky and it made for great color at sunset. I took the picture with my G10 point and shoot. I also used a sunset mode in the camera to intensify the colors a little, and it turned out better than I expected (ISO 80, F/4, 1/320 sec). I caught this "wave" by dumb luck. The real reason I was there was to show my brother-in-law Bret, who was visiting from Virginia, the lighthouse. It just happened to be a great photo opportunity as well.



Bret in the lighthouse. You can see the smoke from the fire high in the sky. Also just barely visible is Santa Catalina Island where the sea and sky meet at the horizon.




No comments:

Post a Comment