About Me

Viewing Photos

CLICK on any photo in this blog to view a larger image!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Arch Rock Trail


Our next stop was at White Tanks Campground, which I suspect is one of the best places to camp in the park. Here Arch Rock trail forms a short loop to the rock formation that is its namesake and the highlight of the area. The whole area, however, is a fun maze of rock fins and boulders...very much a hiker's playground. Making this hike and photo shoot even more interesting, the moon was in the sky behind the arch...although it was already fairly high in the sky. This photo features both my wife (for scale and to make the photo more beautiful!) and the moon positioned above her head inside the arch. Shot handheld with 50D, 21mm, ISO 100, F11.o, 1/125 second. I probably could have used a larger apeture, but I wanted to make sure I had enough depth of field for the whole picture to be in focus, as I wanted to capture all of the grain in the rock arch.

No comments:

Post a Comment