About Me

Viewing Photos

CLICK on any photo in this blog to view a larger image!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Second Chance at Sunset in Joshua Tree


As the sun slipped behind the mountains, the coulds on the horizon began to light up with a beautiful red glow. As soon as the sun set, I moved my tripod to a different tree, hoping to capture a different sillohuette tree shape in the glowing sky. I think I captured a decent attempt.


I probably could have gotten a more dramatic shot by picking a tree further away and lower on the horizon (so it would have been completely immersed in the glowing clouds), but that would have required my long zoom lens, which unfortunately was packed in the trunk of the car which was too far away to retrieve in a timely manner. As they say, you learn something new each time you get out there and experiment.


This shot was again taken on the tripod with the 50D, 16mm, ISO 100, F8.0, 1/13 second. It is slightly underexposed intentionally to bring out the colors a little more. All in all, I achieved the effect I was shooting for, and was pleased with the result. It was a beautiful sunset that my wife and I enjoyed together in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment