About Me

Viewing Photos

CLICK on any photo in this blog to view a larger image!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Twilight Moon at Joshua Tree


My last photo before packing up the car and heading home was shot at the same location as the sunset photos. I simply turned the camera around and picked a spot that would frame up the moon, some high rocks and a joshua tree. Amazingly, I could only find one tree at this location that had the right geometry to produce this effect. Time was also running out, as we needed to get back into town before all the restraurants closed down. The photo was taken on the tripod with the 50D, 12mm, ISO 100, F4.0, 30 seconds. The long exposure gave a good halo effect around the moon, and also a feel of wispyness to the hint of high clouds that were almost imperceptively passing overhead. Unfortunatley, I did not have time to wait for more stars to come out. This attempt was totally experimental and impromptu, as I had not planned this prior to heading out for the sunset shots. I was quite pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment